Sunday, July 26, 2009

Recipe Success

So yesterday a small group of my friends came over (One of them brought us the entire video of our wedding!) just to hang out. I decided to cook dinner, and it came out fantastic. I have now passed the recipe onto them, so I figured I would share it here. I'm not sure where I got it from, but it's a very good recipe! (If it is yours, let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!)

Broccoli Cheddar Quiche

Ingredients:

1 deep dish frozen pie shell (not pre-bake kind)

3 eggs

1 cup plus one handful extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

1 cup milk

2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted

Half bag of frozen broccoli or 1 large head of broccoli

1 half red onion, diced

2 tablespoons self-rising flour

Salt and pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 375. Cook broccoli and onion in a pot of boiling water until tender. Drain, dice and set aside. In the pie shell, layer cheese on bottom. Add a layer of broccoli and onion and alternate layers of cheese and broccoli and onion mixture until the shell is full.

In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, butter, milk, salt, pepper, handful of cheese and flour. Pour over top of quiche.

Bake for 35-45 minutes until center is cooked and the top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment