Friday, February 11, 2011

Monkey Baby Shower Take 2!

February 5th we hosted a baby shower for my good friend Rachel who is due on March 22nd! She registered for a lot of monkey things, like towels and blankets, so we opted to throw together a monkey themed baby shower! Sound familiar?? Kinda like this one?  
The main difference between the two is that for this one, we had to prepare all of the food rather than get it catered. Mama to be can only eat gluten free, so me and my ladies put together everything gluten free!

We reused a decent amount of what I already had from Laura's shower! Figured I would share some more photos!
Above is the first gift bag I've decorated using my Cricut Expression! I used the Create A Critter cartridge!

The setup!

Centerpiece! Flowerpot and monkey came from the Dollar Tree, Coconut bowls and ostrich feathers were left overs from  Laura's shower!
Coconut bowls filled with nuts, chocolate covered raisins, banana chips, banana runts, and banana Laffy Taffy!


For the favors we poured soy candles into Earth's Best baby food jars, and adorned with ribbons! They came out fantastical, and they smell terrific!


We hung paper lanterns for decorations and made "palm trees" out of crepe paper. The baby shower plates are from Target

These are the appetizers I chose to make! I know penguins don't really fit the jungle/monkey theme, but they were way too cute to pass up! Cream Cheese Penguins recipes and instructions found here
 Mary putting the finishing touches on her amazing deviled eggs!
and Ashley's fantastical gluten free cupcakes!

We ate, then mama to be opened her gifts:

All in all it was a great day! She loved all the little details we put into the shower, and it made her even more excited for baby Ethan to arrive!

Linking up to:
Smart and Trendy Moms

3 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I'm your newest follower from Social Parade Blog Hop. Love Love Love the Monkey Baby Shower!!! I collect monkeys so I would love that!! I really like your blog. Pretty Template, love the colors. If you get a minute please drop by and follow back and feel free to enter my giveaways.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I am new here and hope you will come follow me too! Have a beautiful day! :) Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, this is a really cute shower! I'm your newest follower!

    lifewiththehawleys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete