We went in for an elective ultrasound on August 19th, and found out that Baby Camera Happy is .........
A LITTLE GIRL!!
My hubby and I are both very excited as we were hoping our first child would be a girl. Her name is Piper Harlowe, and she enjoys kicking her legs and playing with her umbilical cord.
We are working now on getting the nursery together!
We have purchased a crib for a KILLER deal at Babies R Us ($299.99 marked down on clearance for $99.99)
Cute bedding from Burlington Coat Factory:
In The Woods by Cocalo ($169.99)
We found a glider at a garage sale:
$10.00, we purchased fabric to make new cushions though, as this color doesn't go, and the cushions themselves have definitely seen better days.
We are also getting a free dresser in fabulous condition from a close friend, but I don't have pictures of that yet!
All in all I would say we've gotten a good jump on baby things!
Now if we could only find the right place to move to....
- How far along?: 19 weeks 2 days
- Total weight gain: I was up 9 lbs at my last appointment in August.
- How big is baby?: Little one is the size of a mango this week!
- Maternity clothes?: Yes please! At work I'm wearing big scrubs, and in everything else it's maternity all the way!
- Movement: I felt my first movement last week. I was singing along with Adele in the car, and I'm pretty sure baby was telling me to shut up :)
- Stretch marks?: Not yet, but my Linea Nigrea has shown up!
- Sleep?: I am tired all the time. Still. I think the majority of this has to do with getting up at 3 am for work.
- Symptoms?: Nausea has subsided for the most part. I'm still sleepy all the time. My boobs are getting huge. I call them circus boobs.
- Food cravings: Still changing constantly.
- Food Aversions: Red meat. Ick.
- Belly button in or out?: Still an innie. Although it's gotten a lot wider at this point.
- What I miss: I miss being able to go out for drinks with the girls.
- What I'm looking forward to: My next ultrasound (September 9th!)
- Best Moment this week: This week we are still high on life after finding out little one is a girl.