Saturday, August 22, 2009

Time To Learn!

I've had a sewing machine for 3 years now. I have maybe used it a handful of times, mainly because I have no idea what I am doing with it! Tomorrow I am going to my mothers house, and she is excellent with a sewing machine! So she is going to help me make a few things so I can get the jist of it, and make more fun new things on my own. :)

First Lesson : Hemming pants. Every pair of jeans I own is about half a foot too long, because I'm ridiculously short. She's going to show me how to do this and not have them look goofy. (I'm not very good with a sewing machine, and straight lines don't happen!)

Second Lesson : Dog bed for Riley! He never seemed comfortable on any of the beds we have tried, so I am making him a nice soft one. I hit up Joann Fabrics buy 1 get 1 free anti-pill fleece sale. I also picked up some thread in the common colors, as that was also buy 1 get 1 free. Below are the prints I picked up. The blue is the top of the bed, the red is the bottom. :)




Third Lesson : I picked out a pattern a couple months ago for a style shirt that I really liked, picked up the fabric, and all the necessary items, and we are going to work on it tomorrow. Shirt C on this pattern. The fabric I picked out is a chocolate brown charmeuse with sage green dots on it.


Fourth Lesson if it's not too late : Pin cushions. I found an awesome pattern for a cute mushroom pin cushion (caught the pattern on sale for $0.99!) that I would like to make.

Here's hoping for a good day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment