Wednesday, October 13, 2010

KT Tunstall - Tiger Suit

Do you remember the songs "Suddenly I See" and "Black Horse & The Cherry Tree" from 2004 and 2005? I used to love these songs! I find it hard to believe that it has been so long since they were released and played regulary on the radio! 

KT recently released a new album called "Tiger Suit" The first single off the album is called "Fade Like A Shadow" and it is ALREADY a top 20 radio hit.

I found this album different from her other music! The older songs were more pop/rock ish, whereas the release of Tiger Suit brings a new musical journey with it.

"Tiger Suit heralds the beginning of a new musical adventure for KT. Organic instrumentation is blended with dance-friendly Nature Techno” to encapsulate the album’s collision of raw, upfront rootsiness and sleek electronic textures, the results of which she has dubbed “

I was given the chance to review this album. I listened it in the car on the way to work at 6 AM, and I was blown away by it! It's very different from the older stuff, but in a good way. I found myself bobbing my head and drumming on my steering wheel all the way to work. It's definitely more funky. I especially liked the track "Glamour Puss", which had I been standing, I would have been full on dancing, instead of what I refer to as "car-dancing" Though in my case, I'm sure car dancing looks just as silly as my standing up dancing would have....

KT Tunstall is going on tour this fall from 10/31 - 12/01!

The album is available in stores now! 

This review is through the One 2 One Network, however all opinions are my own. I was sent this CD to facilitate my review, and will be entered into a drawing to win a gift card by participating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment