Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby Product Rave! Crane Cool Mist Humidifier!

When I first found out that I was pregnant, after the initial shock and doctors appointments and ultrasounds started tapering off and I became REALLY pregnant I began researching baby products. This became like a sick addiction to me, and I would spend hours at a time doing it, all while eating Freeze Pops by the truckload.
I had no idea that a humidifier was a recommended item for a new baby! After doing my research I came across the Crane Cool Mist Humidifiers. Not only are they affordable they are ridiculously cute. They have a variety of shapes and colors and animals. Sticking with our nursery theme we wound up purchasing this one on amazon.com
Mr Owl here provides moisture for nasal congestion, dry skin and cough, and sinus irritation. It is also super easy to fill, assemble, and start using, and is able to run on plain old tap water, although me being the nutcase that I am we use distilled water. This unit is quiet enough where it won't disturb sleep or make really freaky loud gurgling noises, and provides a minimum of 11 hours of moisture. The mist output can be controlled with the knob on the front of the unit, and when the water runs out, it has it's own safety shut-off feature!

If you can't tell I love the humidifier.

But as with anything, even the best products have a dud now and again. My first unit worked for about a week before it stopped producing mist. I was sad and disappointed in it's life span, so I decided to e-mail Crane's customer service department in my post partum wacky hormonal stage. Within a day they were back to me, and shipping a brand new unit my way, as we were still under warranty. 2 days after that initial e-mail, my new unit arrived via UPS. It's been going strong for 2 months now without a hitch! Their customer service team was amazing and helpful, and it's definitely nice to see a company that strives to keep their customers satisfied.

You can purchase these humidifiers at Babies R Us, Target, Home Depot, etc, however your best variety will be purchasing online!  One unit will run you about $40, but it's $40 well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment