Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Life, or something like it!

Ahhhhhh, finally a week without too much work in it! And a few days off to boot! One of the many things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving! Next week is also a pretty light week, so I'm workin on getting those creative juices flowing again :)

The weather is finally switching from a VERY warm fall, to Winter type weather. I am not sure how I feel about this. Snow is a beautiful thing, but I hate driving in it. It's best for me when I'm looking out my window at it, nice and warm.  I hate that it is now pitch black by 430 or 5 PM. Makes it feel like the day is already completely gone. However, I love taking photographs in the winter time, so that is for sure an upside :)

I started my Christmas shopping this past Sunday. Partially online, and then me and my mother went out shopping. I got some great deals on the items I am purchasing, but many of my gifts are going to be handmade this year. As I type this, I am waiting for the first layer of paint to dry on my recipe box for my grandmother. I haven't quite decided what to Mod podge on to it, but I figure once I see it fully painted, something great will come to me :)

I was very excited to find a US Marine Corps Snuggie on www.harrietcarter.com, as my grandfather is a proud marine, and we have gotten him all the Marine Corps items we could find over the years.

Upon further discussion on our home situation, we have decided to stay where we are. What it came down to was when I have a child, what school I would feel comfortable sending him or her to. We have worked out a fantastic deal, and are starting to upgrade the house further in February 2010.

So that's my update! I plan on getting my booty in gear with crafting, and then soon decorating for Christmas!

How are all of you doing?

XOXO-
V

1 comment:

  1. Hi there.
    Glad to hear that you are getting a break and some "fun time" here this week.
    I'm excited for you guys and the house. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.
    Have a blessed Thanksgiving.
    XO*Tricia

    ReplyDelete