Sunday, November 8, 2009

Work Workety work work work

Nothing but work! ALLLLLLLLL week. Luckily, this upcoming week I have 3 (yup thats right!) THREE days off! This has not happened in about a month. I'm pretty excited for it.  Haven't had time for any fun crafts or recipes or anything this past week, so I don't have much to write about. Hopefully I will get a lot done this week. Have the Twilight New Moon meet and greet on Tuesday, so I'm sure I will update on that!

We are in the process of figuring out if we want to stay in the house we are in now, or go buy a different house entirely. There are pros and cons to each.

The house we are in now:
-is in a great safe neighborhood
-has room to add additions and whatnot as we may need
-we wouldn't have to move if we stayed here.
-We wouldn't have to get a mortgage loan.

-It needs a TON of work. Flooring, drywall, upgrades, siding, fence, landscaping, heating, air conditioning etc etc etc
-it is a 2 bedroom, 1 (teeeeeny tiny) bathroom ranch house, so additions would be necessary if we were to start making babies, which is on our list for next year.
-It would cost us $144,000 to own. (which is REALLY steep for the condition and square footage of the house)

The houses we can afford:
-We can get a 3-6 bedroom, 2 bathroom fixer upper home for under $100,000. Since hubby does hardwood floors and knows an arsenal of various other handymen, we could probably get that work done, and still not hit $144,000
-We would be able to start fresh in a house I didn't live in with my mother when I was younger
-We would have more space to work with, and potentially not have to add any additions to the house.

-The neighborhoods are not nearly as desirable as the one we are in now. And a few of them are not the safest neighborhoods
-The commutes to work would be a bit longer
-We would have to move (I HATE moving and packing)
-Credit fixing. I got my credit report run to see where I was at, and found a bevy of things that have been paid off, and reported incorrectly to the credit reporting agencies. I've started to fix all of it, but it's going to take a while to get everything cleared up.

We don't know which side we are leaning towards at all. We both love the neighborhood we are in, and would like to stay here, but we don't know that the price of the house is worth it.

Ahhh decisions decisions..

Least we have all the time we need to decide :)

Hope all you out there are doing lovely!


No comments:

Post a Comment